pH Increaser (pH Plus)
Use pH Plus to increase the pH when the water is acidic (when the pH is low.)
There are two basic reasons for chemical treatment of your spa water:
- The pH, total alkalinity and calcium hardness of the water must be balanced so that the water is neither corrosive or for scale to form.
- The water must be sanitised to make sure that it is free from harmful infections, organisms (such as bacteria and viruses), free from unpleasant algae and free from organic bather wastes(body oils, lotions, cosmetics etc.
The pH of your Spa is to measure how acidic or alkaline the water is. The pH is measured on a scale of 0 - 14, a pH of 7.0 is neutral.
When you test the spa and there is a pH reading of below 7.0 this means the water is more acidic than alkaline, this can cause various problems such as:
- Sanitisers to dissolve more rapidly
- increase corrosion of surfaces and equipment
- may cause eye and skin irritation
If the reading is higher the 7.6 it means that the water is more alkaline which can cause different problems such as:
- sanitisers such as chlorine to be less effective
- will produce scaling on the surface of the equipment
- cloudy water
- shorter filter runs
Available in 1kg or 5kg.