Bromine granules are an alternative to chlorine granules and will work with bromine tablets to help maintain sanitation in your spa or swimspa water.
Spas or swimspas on bromine should be shock treated with Non Chlorine shock - Potassium Monopersulphate.
Bromine granules have a very similar reaction in the water to chlorine. Bromine granules are rapid dissolving and should be used in conjunction with bromine tablets to enable the readings to be boosted when required.
The ideal bromine reading should be 2 - 4 mg/l (ppm) for residential spas and 4 - 6 mg/l for business use.
You can convert a chlorine spa to bromine at any time by simply adding bromine. To change a bromine spa to chlorine you will need to empty the water and refill then start the spa on chlorine following the chlorine instructions:
1. Never add bromine granules to water when people are bathing
2. Adjust the pH between 7.0 and 7.6
3. On start up or Commissioning fresh water, use bromine granules to shock dose the water to a minimum of 20ppm with circulation/blowers on and cover(s)s off.
4. Test the water with a Bromine test kit, the ideal reading for Total Bromine is 2-4 mg/l (ppm).
5. To increase the Total Bromine reading by 1 ppm, add 3g of bromine granules per 1000 litres of water.
6. Bromine granules can be added directly to the water with circulation running and the water temperature above 20oC.
7. If using this product to shock dose the water - wait a minimum of 40 minutes before bathing and retest to ensure the readings are in the ideal range
- Keep out of reach of children
- Store in a cool dry place
- Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection